On the morning of September 19, 2022, Ho Chi Minh University of Banking (HUB) has solemnly held the Opening Ceremony of the new academic year 2022 - 2023, the first phase of the international regular university program awarded by a degree partner (IBP21) with the participation of more than 250 new students.
Attending the ceremony, on the side of the University were the presence of Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Duc Trung, Acting Rector of Banking University of Ho Chi Minh City; Dr. Nguyen Tran Phuc, Vice Rector of HUB, heads of the Institute of International Training(SaigonISB) together with lecturers, managers, and leaders of faculties, departments of the University.
Attending the program were also the presence of outstanding students and alumni:
- Mr. Nguyen Phan Thang Thong, a recent graduate of the University of Bolton program; Project coordinator: project coordinator for Kyanon Digital company;
- Mr. Pham The Can, a student studying at Bolton University - CEO and Founder of VINA Banana.
- Mr. Khuong Xuan Bach, alumnus of the University of Bolton program; Head of Corporate Banking, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
There was the presence of:
- Mr. Henry Chen, Education Counselor, Education Department - Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in HCMC
- Mr. Quan Phan and Mr. Le Minh Tuan - Representatives from Vietnam Blockchain Association
- Mr. Ho Ngoc Tan - Director of Nam A Bank, Ham Nghi Branch
- Ms. Pham Thi Trang - Director of TP Bank, Ky Dong Branch
- Mr. Hoang Ngoc Hanh - Deputy Director of VietinBank, Ho Chi Minh City Branch
- Mr. Le Duc Ngon - Deputy Director of Agribank, Tan Binh Branch
- Mr. Nguyen Van Thang - Deputy Director of BIDV, Ky Hoa Branch
- Mr. Nguyen Duy Que - Deputy Customer Service Department, Vietcombank Ky Dong Branch
and other Directors and Deputy Directors, senior managers of Vietinbank, BIDV, Nam A Bank, Vietcombank...
Speaking at the ceremony, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Duc Trung, Acting Rector sent his congratulations to the new students of the International University Degree Program awarded by a partner (IBP21) for their efforts after many days of striving. Finally, they have become a member of HUB and University of Bolton, UK. The acting rector reminded new students to use their time to study and practice their knowledge, skills and attitudes with the support of a team of lecturers who are leading researchers and experts in the field of Finance. Administration, Banking, International Economics, Economic Law… ; special team and student activities; network of banks, financial institutions, multi-disciplinary enterprises and a network of international educational institutions around the world. Train well in today's volatile digital economy.
The school is also honored to welcome Mr. Henry Chen, Education Counselor, Education Department - Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in HCMC. Mr. Chen congratulated the students on the occasion of the new school year and also opened up opportunities to study and work abroad for students of Banking University of Ho Chi Minh City at prestigious universities in Taiwan. , Taiwanese businesses are operating in Vietnam and internationally.
Alumni Nguyen Phan Thang Thong affirmed that the training program was equipped with the necessary equipment for students to be able to work in any professional environment and develop in the future.
In order to recognize the results that the new students have achieved, on the opening day today, excellent individuals will receive scholarships from the University's Rector. These are new students who have IELTS 6.5 or higher and have an average academic achievement of 8.0 for 3 semesters (including 2 semesters in 11th grade and 1st semester in 12th grade).
In addition, the ceremony also had the contribution of musical performances from the Club of Arts and Culture of the International Training Institute with vibrant tunes, bringing a joyful and warm atmosphere to the ceremony.